The Hewlett’s Reservoir site in Cheltenham is home to a collection of historical reservoirs, establishing from the early 1800s. Hewlett's No.1 Reservoir was constructed in 1824 as an open reservoir, initially collecting spring water from the surrounding hills. In 1839 No.2 reservoir was constructed and later in 1847, No.3 Reservoir. The final No.4 Reservoir was constructed some years later, completing the Hewlett’s Reservoir Site.
In 1966 the reservoirs were installed with concrete columns and roofs, modernising these Victorian reservoirs to the more typical underground reservoirs of today. Now water is intake from the River Severn and pumped from the local WTW. Although not all the reservoirs remain in service, Hewlett’s still holds 15million gallons (48 Meg), supplying approximately half of Cheltenham with clean water.